The advantages of a NoSQL Database include being able to handle:
- Large volumes of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Agile sprints, quick iteration, and frequent code pushes
- Object-oriented programming that is easy to use and flexible
- Efficient, scale-out architecture instead of expensive, monolithic architecture
- More secure than Relational Database Applications.
Today, companies leverage NoSQL databases for a growing number of use cases. NoSQL databases also tend to be open-source and that means a relatively low-cost way of developing, implementing and sharing software.